Bibliography - Fibromyalgia Help
Learn more about fibromyalgia syndrome through our bibliography resource. The information is helpful when it is put to practical use. Use the bibliography as a guide to help you overcome fibromaylgia symptoms.
Books and Reports
Gittleman, Ann Louise, Super Nutrition for Women: A Food-Wise Guide for Health, Beauty, Energy, and Immunity. New York City, New York: Bantam Books, 1997.
Moeller, M., Fibromyalgia Syndrome Cookbook: A Daily Guide To Becoming Healthy Again. 1997.
Starlanyl, D.J., Copeland, M.E., FIBROMYALGIA Syndrome and Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome: A Survival Manual.
Wolfe F., Smythe H.A., Yunis M.B., et al., The American College of Rheumatology, 1990 Criteria for the Classification of Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Report of the Multi-Center Criteria Committee; Arthritis Rheum, 1990 Feb; 33(2); 160-72 [Medline].
Internet and Articles
- Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), Mayo Clinic staff, April 24, 2003 Fibromyalgia Help, www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=DS00079
- National Fibromyalgia Association (NFA), 2001, About Fibromyalgia Help, http://fmaware.org
National Library of Medicine, National Institute of Health, Medline Patient Education, www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus
- University of Michigan Health System. , 2003, Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research, www.med.umich.edu/painresearch/
- Fibromyalgia Network produces a comprehensive patient-education newsletter on fibromyalgia syndrome help, www.fmnetnews.com/
- Alternative medicine (herbs, vitamins, supplements) for Fibromyalgia help for patients, www.vitaminstuff.com
- Living with Fibromyalgia: one woman’s story, www.cnn.com/HEALTH/women/9908/03/fibromyalgia/
- Fibromyalgia Help – Coping with household tasks and chores when you have FMS, http://home.nyc.rr.com/rebeccar/chores.html
- Fighting FMS the Natural Way, http://www.cochranetimes.com/story.php?id=190949
- Several studies have indicated that physical exercise is beneficial for FMS patients. The article reviews the recent literature relating to exercise in FMS, www.co-rheumatology.com
- FM Syndrome More Common than Thought, www.medicalpost.com/mpcontent/article.jsp?content=20051108_182041_5872
- A Randomized Clinical Trial of Acupuncture Compared with Sham Acupuncture in FM Syndrome,
- How to help patients cope with FMS, http://mediwire.sma.org/main/Default.aspx?P=Content&ArticleID=119729
- To assess the effectiveness of multidisciplinary rehabilitation in the treatment of fibromyalgia, www.clinicalpain.com
- SSDRC.com is a Social Security Disability resource website that helps individuals and their families understand their rights, what they are entitled to, and how to qualify for benefits.