Water Tips for Fibromyalgia
It is essential for FMS sufferers to consume enough water for proper fibromyalgia nutrition
. Water not only provides fibromyalgia patients with nutrition, but it removes toxins which helps alleviate the symptoms of fibromyalgia
. Water is your body’s principal chemical component. Every system in your body depends on water. Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you do not have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. The necessary nutrition water provides fibromyalgia patients is extremely important for improving symptoms. Fruits and vegetables can provide FIBROMYALGIA patients about 20 percent of total water intake, while the remaining 80 percent comes from water and beverages of all kinds. Water is your best bet, it is calorie-free, inexpensive, readily available.
Drinking Water is a Heart-Healthy Fibromyalgia Nutrition Tip
The findings of a six-year study of more than 20,000 healthy men and women aged 38 – 100 in the May 1, 2002, American Journal of Epidemiology found that women who drank more than 5 glasses of water a day were 41% less likely to die from a heart attack during the study period than those who drank less than 2 glasses. The protective effect of water was even greater in men.
Drinking Water and Weight Loss
Water is a natural appetite suppressant, so developing a good water drinking habit can be a long-term aid in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. Doctor F. Batmanghelidj MD, author of Your Body’s Many Cries For Water
says most times your “hunger” is the body asking for water, not food.
It is also important to remember that when the body is dehydrated, fat cells get “rubbery” and cannot be easily metabolized. This means that it is harder to lose weight when you don’t drink enough water.
Who Benefits From a Healthy Water Regimen?
Water is especially important for pregnant women and nursing mothers. For athletes and work-out fanatics, drinking water reduces cardiovascular stress and improves performance. Since water reduces body temperature, it makes the whole exercise process safer and more effective.
Water is also an important “healing tool” for people with a history of kidney stones. Since water dissolves calcium in the urine, drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day reduces the risk of stone formation. Drinking water is also valuable in preventing urinary tract infections in both men and for women, flushing impurities out of the system.
Mild dehydration can make you more susceptible to viruses. For someone with an immune system compromised from a battle with terminal illness or a chronic disease, water can be a powerful weapon in a war on colds and other illnesses. Water can help patients recover from minor illnesses more quickly.
When patients are hydrated and are suffering with allergies or colds, the drainage of mucous from the sinuses does not collect in the throat and lungs, and their cough becomes more ”productive”. Even cold sores that appear on the lips are minimized by drinking water because the eruptions tend to favor dry areas on the body.
Fibromyalgia Nutrition Tips for Drinking Water
It can be difficult to remember to drink enough water every day, but it is even more difficult to bounce back from the effects of being even mildly dehydrated. Here are a few easy tips to help you reach your “water quota”:
? A person is naturally thirsty or dehydrated in the morning. Help the body flush out toxins by drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning.
? If you are cold, drink warm water instead of dehydrating coffee and tea.
? Don’t wait until you are thirsty to have a drink, you are already dehydrated if you feel thirsty.
? Set a timer to remind yourself to establish a habit of drinking water and keep a bottle of water with you at all times. Compensate for diuretics, thieves that steal water from your body.
? If you drink coffee, tea or sodas with caffeine, you will need to drink a few extra glasses of water to make up for the water that these diuretic beverages “leech” from your system.